Keeping the House Mouse out!
February 4th, 2011
Here are some House Mouse characteristics to keep in mind:
- It does not need to drink water – it can obtain all necessary moisture from its food
- It can squeeze through openings only ¼” wide to gain access to structures
- It climbs very well, can jump straight up about 18″, and can swim
- It likes to stay against vertical surfaces – walls, cabinets, or boxes sitting on them
- It prefers to eat foods such as nuts, grains, or sweet things – it is NOT particularly fond of cheese
- It is very curious, and will quickly investigate objects that are placed in its environment
- If all of its earthly needs are met – food, shelter, sufficient moisture – it may not travel more than 10 feet away from its nest
- It is nocturnal, meaning it much prefers to be active at night – it avoids open areas
- It is a creature of habit, and follows known pathways and prefers undisturbed areas
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.