How you can avoid becoming a bed bug meal
RALEIGH, N.C. – With bed bugs on the rise in larger cities, Bug Busters is urging North Carolinians to be vigilant in preventing the spread of these pests.
According to the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) bed bugs hide in small cracks and crevices close to a human environment. They are often found behind baseboards, wallpaper, upholstery and in furniture crevices. The bedbugs can become even more of a problem for travelers when they return home after vacation because the pests will hide in suitcases, boxes and shoes, and begin infesting a home.
We provide several steps to help prevent bedbugs from becoming a problem. These steps are:
• Vacuum suitcases after returning from a vacation.
• Before sleeping in a hotel or rental property bed, check the mattress and bedsheets for tell-tale blood spots or signs of bed bugs.
• Consider bringing a large plastic trashbag to keep your suitcase in during hotel stays.
• Carry a small flashlight to assist you with quick visual inspections.
• Bed bugs are elusive creatures, so it is imperative to seek professional pest control to address an infestation.
Bug Busters representatives are available to answer questions related to bed bugs as media outlets prepare any stories related to the topic.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.