Help Yourself Prevent termites
February 4th, 2015
- Carefully inspect the perimeter of the home for mud tubes (used by termites to reach a food source), cracked or bubbling paint and rotting wood.
- Repair fascia, soffits and rotted roof shingles. Some termites are drawn to deteriorating wood.
- Keep basements, attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Maintain a one-inch gap between soil and wood portions of the home.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house and 5 inches up off the ground, and inspect it closely before bringing it indoors.
- Divert water away from the property through properly functioning downspouts, gutters and splash blocks.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.