Tips for Pest Prevention in Atlanta
June 16th, 2014
- Seal cracks and holes along the foundation of the home including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Screen windows and doors.
- Eliminate sources of moisture or standing water around the house, including birdbaths and in clogged gutters.
- Keep tree branches and other plants cut back from the house.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet from the home on a raised structure such as concrete blocks or poles.
- Inspect the outside of a home for nests built by stinging insects, which are typically found in the eaves under roofs.
- Keep kitchens clean by wiping down counters and other food surfaces after meal prep.
- Take out the trash frequently and store it in a sealed receptacle outdoors.
- Avoid leaving pets’ food dishes out for long periods of time.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.