Signs of Rodent Infestation
- Gnaw marks – New gnawings or holes tend to be rough whereas old gnawings are smooth from wear and old holes are often greasy.
- Droppings – Fresh droppings are soft and moist whereas old droppings are dried and hard; adult Norway rats’ droppings are about 3/4″ (18-20 mm) with blunt ends. Adult roof rats’ droppings are about 1/2″ (12-13 mm) with pointed ends.
- Tracks/Footprints – Front feet have four toes. Front footprints come in front of (usually) longer hind footprints with five toes. Fresh tracks are clear and sharp whereas old tracks are at least partially obscured by dust.
- Rub Marks – Fresh marks are soft, greasy, and easily smeared whereas old marks are dry and flaky. Rub marks exist because rodents continuously follow the same paths, usually along walls, stacked merchandise, etc.
- Damaged Goods – Norway rats prefer meat, fish, and cereal (dry dog food is a favorite), whereas roof rats prefer fruits, vegetables, and cereals.
Bug Busters’ year-round rodent program includes a thorough inspection from a pest management professional, who is trained and equipped with the knowledge to eliminate your rodent issue.
Rat & Mouse Solutions from Bug Busters
- Pest Prevention
- Professional Inspection
Find out how Bug Busters can help with your wildlife concerns starting today. Click below!
Recent Blog Posts For Rodents
Frayed Wires? A Rodent Could Be The Culprit
Bug Busters USA shares advice for avoiding mice and rats during Rodent Awareness Week Car and house wiring issues can be expensive and sometimes downright dangerous. Believe it or not, rodents like mice and rats could be the culprits behind the damage. While many people are aware of the health risks posed by rodents spread…
Rats! Cold Weather Drives Rodents Inside Vehicles
Sneaking into cars is rather easy for rodents, as mice and rats can fit through holes as small as a dime and a quarter, respectively. Steering columns, vents, pedal shafts and other openings serve as the main access points into vehicles for these intruders. Upon gaining entry, rodents commonly use insulation as nesting material and…
Request Your Free Quote
Call (800) 264-4611 or fill out the form below to request your free inspection.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Mike IS wonderful. He will come out multiple times in the same week if needed. My daughter got married last may, and we had the rehearsal dinner (for 50) at our house. Two weeks before the dinner, ants showed up in the kitchen. Mike kept coming out till they were all gone. He was a lifesaver.
They always let me know when they were coming, always professional. If I ever seen a bug in house they came immediately and resprayed. One happened once in three years. Always polite, punctual and professional. Wouldn’t have any other bug company! I also love the fact I have the same person every time come out. So me or wife know them by name and it’s great all the way around.
The agent was very professional, knowledgeable, and reliable. I would definitely use this company’s service again.