Keep Pantry Pests Out Of Holiday Cooking
Bug Busters offer tips for pantry pest prevention
ATLANTA – The holiday season is upon us, which means families will be spending a lot of time cooking and baking in the kitchen. When digging through your cabinets and storage for baking necessities, like cookie cutters and containers of flour, make sure you are leaving unwanted “pantry pests” out of the mix. To maintain high holiday spirits, Bug Busters and The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) are sharing a few tips for keeping these pesky pests from spoiling your holiday baking traditions.
Pantry pests are insects that tend to gather around food often stored in pantries and cabinets such as flour, dry cereals, spices, candies and chocolate. Common pantry pests include Indian meal moths and Merchant Grain Beetles. “Preparing food for the holidays should fun, but finding creepy crawlies in your baking ingredients can really dampen your spirit,” says Bug Busters Chief Operating Officer Court Parker. “By following a few simple steps, families can feel secure that their tasty creations are pest free.”
Bug Busters suggests the following tips to avoid pantry pests:
- Immediately wipe up any crumbs or spills from countertops, tables, floors, shelves and inside cabinets.
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly in sealed receptacles.
- Carefully inspect packages before placing them in the cart at the grocery store. Only purchase food in sealed packages that show no sign of damage.
- Check expiration dates on baking ingredients before use.
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains.
For more information, please visit bugbustersusa.com. For further details on scheduling an interview with a Bug Busters expert who can share ever more creepy crawly facts and pest-prevention ideas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-210-6262.
Bug Busters has been family owned and operated since 1984 and is committed to providing top-notch residential and commercial pest control services in the Southeast. While offering the most effective pest control services available, Bug Busters is dedicated to doing so with respect for the environment. The company focuses on the control, removal and monitoring of all types of crawling and flying pests including mosquitoes, rodents, bed bugs, termites, spiders and more. Bug Busters stresses the importance of knowing customers personally and offering thorough and tailored service with a vow to excellence in the products and services that it provides.