Bug Busters USA reminds families of health risks associated with cockroach infestations | Atlanta Cockroach Control
In addition to being a culprit behind running noses, itchy eyes and wheezing, cockroaches also spread disease. According to the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), cockroaches spread nearly 33 kinds of bacteria including E. coli and Salmonella, six parasitic worms and more than seven other types of human pathogens. They pick up germs on the spines of their legs as they crawl through decaying matter, which may be transferred to humans on hard surfaces and through food contamination.
Bug busters USA offers the following tips to prevent cockroach infestations:
- Seal cracks and holes around the outside of the home including utility pipes.
- Properly ventilate basements and crawl spaces to prevent moisture buildup.
- Keep counters free of crumbs and vacuum the floors often to reduce the accumulation of cockroach allergens.
- Keep garbage in a sealed container and dispose of it regularly to avoid attracting pests.
- Pay extra attention to kitchens and bathrooms – especially under appliances and sinks – as these areas are particularly vulnerable to cockroach infestations.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.