The spring months also mark the onset of harmful pests including stinging insects like yellowjackets, wasps and hornets, making pest prevention especially important this time of year. As suchBug busters USA recommends the following quick and simple, yet valuable, pest-proofing tips provided by the NPMA:
- Seal up cracks and small openings along the foundation of the house.
- Eliminate sources of moisture or standing water.
- Keep tree branches and other plants cut back from the house.
- Keep kitchens clean by wiping counters and emptying the garbage frequently.
- Keep all food containers sealed.
- Avoid leaving pet’s food dishes out for long periods of time.
- Keep trash containers clean and sealed, both indoors and outdoors.
Screen windows and doors.