Wildlife Prevention | Georgia Wildlife Removal Experts
Wildlife prevention tips for homeowners to ensure wildlife stays in the wild as the season changes:
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens.
- Install a mesh cover or cap over chimneys.
- Cover exhaust fan openings, soffit and attic vents, and tops of window wells.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Keep tree limbs cut back 6 to 8 feet from the roofline and store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house.
- Keep garbage in a secure container that cannot be opened by raccoons.
- Place birdbaths where wildlife cannot reach them or provide birds with water away from the home. Birdbaths, fountains or pet water dishes may draw wildlife pests, especially where water is scarce.
- Do not leave brush, leaf piles or other debris to accumulate.