Bug Busters has been in business since October 1984 and is celebrating its 32nd year of service. Named as one of the “Top 100 Companies in Nation” by Pest Control Technology Media Group, ur Thermal Remediation technique uses heat to eradicate bed bugs and other house hold insects. Bug Busters USA uses high-quality equipment manufactured by TEMP-AIR to treat infestations. With equipment designed specifically for the application of heat to kill bed bugs, our highly effective process relies on three main keys to a successful treatment:
- Apply Heat. Electric bed bug heaters are placed within the space; introducing and recirculating heated air with a target temperature not to exceed 135°F.
- Monitor. Temperatures are monitored in real time from a remote location using wireless sensors to ensure lethal temperatures are reached without damaging the space and its contents.
- Move Air. High temperature fans move heated air throughout the space to reach insects in cracks and crevices or high-infestation zones.
Bed bugs are a serious problem and are rapidly becoming an epidemic in the United States. Bed bugs love hotels or houses regardless of how expensive they are. Cruise ships, college dormitories, or homeless shelters can, and have, had these pests! Bed bugs feed on blood while their hosts sleep and hitchhike from place to place on luggage, clothes, furniture and other mobile items. These parasites are brown to red in color and can range from barely visible to about 1/8 or 1/10 the size of a penny.
In addition to our state-of-the-art Thermal Remediation treatment for bed bugs, Bug Busters USA also offers more conventional treatments that utilize the most current training and skill of our pest management professionals and the best materials available as part of a thorough, multi-visit program. Our bed-bug eradication programs are:
- Environmentally responsible
- Highly responsive
- Family-friendly and professional
Contact us for your free facility evaluation today! Call 800-264-4611
Here are some steps that you and your family can take to help prevent a bed bug infestation:
- When possible replace wooden headboards and bed frames with metal ones. Although bed bugs can still hide and nest in metal, they are less likely to do so.
- Keep the bed bug protective covers provided by Bug Busters USA on your mattress and box spring. New mattresses and box springs should immediately be covered as well.
- Always carefully inspect antiques and any second-hand furniture before bringing them into your home, even if they aren’t upholstered.
- Always wash and dry on high heat any second-hand clothing or, when possible toys or other items before bringing them into your home.
- When travelling, inspect the mattress and box spring you will be sleeping on. In addition to looking for the actual bed bugs, look for small brownish or reddish dots on the bed linens and mattresses. This is why most hotels use white sheets, if the hotels sheets are dark in color, this could be a red flag.
- When travelling, do not put your luggage on the bed. Use the metal luggage rack, which should not only be kept away from the bed, but also the curtains, tables and wall hangings in the rooms. Don’t forget to inspect your luggage when you return from trips before you bring them back into your home.
- Have overnight guests to your home check/inspect their bags and luggage as well before placing them in their sleeping quarters.
- Vacuum at least once a week and pay special attention to areas around beds and furniture posts.
- Prevent bed bug harborage (hiding places) by keeping all areas free of excessive storage and clutter.
If you know or even suspect that you have bed bugs, call us as soon as possible to have one of our highly-trained pest management professionals inspect and treat your home before the issue can become worse and spread further.
Bug Busters USA’s bed bug service is a thorough, complete eradication of these parasites with follow up treatments and a 100 % guarantee. Here’s how we do it:
- We start with a full, thorough inspection of nearby rooms and areas where the bed bugs may have travelled, not just of the areas you think may be infested.
- If bed bugs are found, your pest management professional will explain your options, including the preparation required of you for successful treatment, and schedule an appointment for the treatment.
- The infested rooms will be aggressively treated with a combination of materials that have been time-tested to be effective against bed bugs. We will also treat adjacent rooms to ensure that the bed bugs will not simply hide somewhere else.
- We’ll provide protective bed bug covers for your beds to prevent future infestations.
- We’ll place special bed bug monitors in key areas to track the treatment process.
- Follow-up treatment is crucial; we’ll return two weeks after the first treatment and repeat the entire treatment. This ensures that any bed bug survivors from the first treatment are eliminated as well as any eggs that may have hatched in between treatments.
- Two weeks after the follow-up treatment, Bug Busters USA will return for a final inspection of your home to triple-check that full eradication was achieved.
The Bug Busters USA bed-bug service is designed to guarantee successful eradication and help you and your family prevent future infestations.
If you have questions about bed bugs please call or email us today!