Pest Prevention Tips
December 20th, 2016
A few prevention tricks can help keep pests from dulling the shine of this year’s décor:
- Shake off trees and garlands. Carefully inspect them for pests or eggs that can hide in branches before bringing them indoors.
- If copying a DIY natural decoration from Pinterest or other craft site, inspect all foliage outside the home before beginning projects.
- Store firewood on raised structures located at least 20 feet away from the home. Inspect firewood for pests and brush it off before bringing it indoors.
- After pulling decorations from storage, unpack them outdoors to check for pests like mice. Look inside boxes for droppings or gnaw marks. Examine string lights to ensure wiring is fully intact.
- When storing décor after the holidays, use durable, sealed containers that pests can’t chew through instead of cardboard boxes or plastic bags.
No Comments »
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.