Pests and Allergies
Bug Busters USA recommends the following tips for safeguarding homes against pests that cause asthma and allergies:
- Keep food sealed and stored properly, and clean kitchen floors and counters daily.
- Dispose of garbage regularly and store in sealed containers.
- Seal cracks and holes in homes, including entry points for utilities and pipes and in screen doors and windows.
- Keep basements and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Should you experience symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as tongue and throat swelling, wheezing, dizziness, or shortness of breath, call 911.
- If allergic to stinging insects, learn how to use an epinephrine kit and carry it with you at all times.
- If you suspect an infestation or notice a hive or nest on your property, contact a licensed pest professional to safely remove the threat.