Keep Spiders From Spooking You This Fall
It’s the time of year when spiders are on the hunt for a warm, secluded place to build a web and catch their next meal. Bug Busters USA warns that basements, attics and garages serve as the perfect refuge for these creepy crawlers and encourages homeowners to take proper precautions to avoid being spooked by them this fall.
Bug Busters USA recommends the following spider control tips:
- Keep garages, attics and basements clean and clutter-free.
- Install screens and weather stripping on windows and door sweeps on doors.
- Fix any cracks in siding and walls, especially where pipes or wires enter the home. Use a silicone-based caulk, steel wool or a combination of both.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house.
- Wear heavy gloves when moving items that have been stored for a long period of time.
- Inspect items such as boxes of decorations and grocery bags before bringing them indoors.
- Store clothing inside plastic containers and check shoes before putting them on, as spiders often hide in these items.
- If you suspect that a spider has bitten you, contact your primary care physician for medical advice.
- If you have a spider infestation in your home, contact a licensed pest professional.